About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a decision scientist, you are part of a highly motivated, talented, and fun team that solves some of the most challenging problems at GrubHub. We are always looking to identify and apply the best applied math and predictive modeling tools for research and deploy the solutions to drive decisions at various fronts at GrubHub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build and deploy predictive models at scale that help us improve the business
- Build probabilistic/stochastic models for real time systems
- Derive insight about business and customer behavior from our proprietary data
- Identify new metrics and scoring methodologies to improve our business
You Should Have
- 2+ years of professional experience in predictive modeling/analytics with regression, classification and clustering techniques using machine learning algorithms
- Experience with ML packages e.g. sklearn, xgboost etc
- Experience implementing ML algorithms in operational environments with real-time constraints
- Familiarity with probabilistic/stochastic modeling for real-time updates using online estimation techniques
- Thorough understanding of underlying mathematical concepts. Should not be afraid to read an applied math paper and explain the concepts to the group and how it can be used for the business.
- Ability to query data sources directly using SQL like query languages from data warehouse
- Studied a technical, quantitative, or analytical field in school (Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Engineering etc.) Minimum qualification : MS
- Above all a strong motivation to learn new techniques, explore data and implement the solutions to take projects to production
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in Java or Python
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization
- Familiarity with queuing theory
- Experience in models governing network evolution
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top