Data Scientist II
- New York, NY
Hey! We’re Grubhub
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Data Scientist with a focus on predictive modelling, specifically time-series forecasting. In this role, you will build and deploy models predicting the volume of orders needed to be delivered across all of Grubhub’s markets. You will be working with other time series forecasters to help the company improve its delivery experience. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of cutting-edge time-series machine learning models, deployment and maintenance of those models.
The Impact You Will Make
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Use statistical tools to infer new insights into the business
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to understand new product ideas, assess risks and ensure that the necessary data is available
- Design experiments
- Develop statistical analysis plans, write code to perform analyses, and assist with results interpretation and dissemination.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-5 years of experience in statistics
- Experience in applying descriptive and inferential statistics along with visualization to solve real-world problems
- MSc or PhD in statistics or mathematics
- Experience in behavioural experiment design
- Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools in R and/or Python
- Good programming skills in R and/or Python
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders
Got These? Even Better
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Spark, Hive and Presto
- Experience using cloud infrastructure like AWS
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top