We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Research, develop, and implement predictive algorithms for our real time experimentation system.
- Conceive of and develop tools to minimize risk of experimentation
- Mine experiment data for issues and unidentified wins, then automate and develop tooling around that.
- Develop one off experiments for large company initiatives and design the statistical analysis of the results.
You Should Have:
- Bayesian statistics/probability- Experience with building simple probabilistic models, simulations, and other computational techniques to run statistical analyses for several mission-critical projects. Should also be able to package them into conceptual features available through our data intelligence services and internal code.
- Programming - Our team pushes very hard to scale through automation. Your direct reports will be the bots and services you create to do your job. You’ll also be helping to build out an API for machine learning projects we work on.
- Experiment design - You should have a deep understanding of experiment design: Control vs variations, factorial experiment design, multivariate experiments, simple random sampling vs stratified, etc.
- SQL experience - Experience in transactional and data warehouse environments using MySQL, Amazon Redshift, or other database systems. Must deeply understand joins, subqueries, window functions, etc.
- Humility - Admit when you’re wrong and make a mistake, then let’s laugh about it. You might even make our achievements board!
- Strong cross-functional communication skills - The algorithms we develop are central to how the business runs. So it's critical for you to understand the drivers of our business very deeply, and to be able to explain your approach to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical stakeholders and take input from them where appropriate.
- Autonomy - You will have an enormous amount of latitude to research and develop new techniques and algorithms to increase effectiveness of our experimentation systems and reduce risk. You should be able to use it wisely.
- 5-7 years of experience using the above skills
- Master’s in quantitative discipline or equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better:
- Risk analysis modeling and projections
- Experience with PyMC, BUGS, STAN, etc.
- Experience designing/building a custom A/B/n experimentation platform
- Professional software engineering background.
- Informal understanding of data structures and computational complexity.
- Understanding of Frequentist/Classic statistics
- You know how to sell an idea to a large group of people. Internal PR is important.
- Predictive Analytics- Clustering, regression, neural networks, etc.
- Blog/portfolio/Github links
And Of Course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top