Data Operations QA Manager
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
The Data Operations organization at Grubhub is responsible for account, menu and image content as part of onboarding and ongoing maintenance for restaurants. The Manager, Quality Assurance will be a key asset for the future growth and continuous improvement of Data Operations, responsible for leading all quality related activities including delivering on strategic solutions that align with the department and business strategy. You will build strong collaborative partnerships with your team, additional subject matter experts and stakeholders. You should have keen attention to detail and are exceptionally good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws. This position reports to the VP of Data Operations and has frequent interaction with the COO.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Responsible for quantifying and improving data quality across all work streams including new restaurant account setup, menu and image entry/maintenance.
- Conduct regular deep dives into Quality, make problems visible and identify root causes of issues, then develop and deploy sustainable organizational solutions.
- Lead the design and implementation of performance standards and measurements as well as policy and procedures for best in class service levels.
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster delivery.
- Develop and execute test plans to check for design fidelity and functional flows.
- Manage a team of Quality Coordinators, which includes hiring, onboarding, development and team building.
- Create an engaged and focused team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgement, and communicating with transparency.
- Work with Learning Solutions to identify areas of opportunity and manage departmental process in forms of standard operating procedures.
- Provide monthly KPI review to leadership team, creating alignment, understanding trends and gaining agreement on proposed actions.
- Manage projects from initiation to closure; develop charter documentation, work plans, communication processes, secure resources and coordinate tasks.
- Maintain a culture and environment in line with Grubhub values
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Superior planning, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of successful process improvement projects
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with SQL, Statistics and/or Tableau preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
- Understanding and experience with ISO 9000/9001 standards
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top