Customer Care Specialist (SHIFT: 330pm - 12am)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Is customer service as natural to you as breathing? Are you excited every time you load new apps on your phone or tablet? Can you light up a room with your friendly and engaging personality? Grubhub is looking for tech-savvy food lovers to join our Care organization. As a Driver Care Specialist, you will assist our network of Driver Partners as they deliver orders from busy restaurants to hungry diners - we’re all about making take-out easy! This position requires flexibility, resourcefulness, exceptional listening skills, and a positive attitude.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Support a high volume of contacts through e-mail, tickets, and inbound and outbound calls
- Assist our Driver Partners in collecting, delivering and adjusting orders; this will include communicating with restaurants and customers
- Perform and document real-time updates to orders, driver profiles, and restaurant account settings
- Guide Drivers through Grubhub technology, policies and procedures, and payment questions
- Partner with other Care and Delivery Operations teams in an effort to resolve all driver, diner and restaurant questions and to create overall customer and Driver Partner satisfaction
- Follow set policies and procedures to ensure consistency and operational excellence across the organization; meet and exceed performance guidelines for attendance, quality, productivity, and schedule adherence
- Collaborate with the leadership team to achieve specific contact center goals in our pursuit to provide world class service
- Other duties as assigned by Care or Delivery Operations leadership
You Should Have
- Flexible hours a must to support our 24/7/365 growing business
- Shift 3:30pm - 12am CST, including weekends and holidays with 2 consecutive days off (shift times may vary at time of job offer)
- College degree preferred, students welcome
- 2 years of customer service or call center experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masterful problem solving skills – identifying root causes, customer needs and providing solutions
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage stress – this is a rapidly changing company!
- A good sense of humor and a team-player mentality
- Spanish or Mandarin language skills are a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 PTO days - Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top