Customer Care Specialist - Northwest Austin (SHIFT: 1230pm - 9pm)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Our Austin office, located north of The Domain, is hiring Customer Care Specialists to support the Grubhub for Work (GFW) business. As a Specialist, you are responsible for providing world class service to our corporate clients, caterers, restaurants and your colleagues. In this role you will need to think quickly on your feet and tackle any challenges on this growing team. We need people with a knack for solving tough problems who will focus on delivering exceptional customer service. Through it all, your ability to form a trusted bond, listen attentively, be innovative, provide individualized solutions and satisfying the ever-changing needs will make you the critical touch point between Grubhub and our valued Corporate Clients.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Handle a high volume of client and restaurant contacts through e-mail, tickets, chat, our delivery confirmation monitor, as well as inbound and outbound calls
- Resolve questions and achieve customer satisfaction from our corporate clients, internal teams, diners and restaurants
- Positive attitude, reliable with good attendance and punctuality, operational know-how, team spirit, and commitment to the job
- Follow set policies and procedures to ensure consistency, high quality, and operational excellence across the organization
- Maintain a balance between company policy and client benefit in decision making
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters
- Collaborate with other departments including Accounting, Delivery Operations, Sales, and Data Operations to research and resolve inquiries
- Support department quality assurance program by meeting Corporate Care dashboard performance standards and service response time objectives across all contact channels
- Analyze and report trends from Client feedback, to determine needed process improvements
- Ensure that all business-related items are successfully and professionally communicated either verbally or in writing, both internally and externally
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the Client’s experience
- Provide back up or assist other departments as assigned
You Should Have
- Shifts are 8.5 hours, M-F 12:30pm - 9pm, including holidays (shift times will be determined at time of job offer)
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus- verbal and written communication
- College degree preferred
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferred
- 1+ year(s) call center experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masterful problem solving skills & able to identify the root cause, customer needs and provide solutions
- Strong computer skills and basic troubleshooting
- Lots of change - the successful candidate is someone who can navigate and guide team to success even during stressful times
- A good sense of humor and a team-player mentality
- Self-motivated, quick learner, can think on their feet and keep a cool head
- Passion for helping others succeed
- Freakish attention to detail
- Empathy for hangry diners and corporate clients
Got These? Even Better:
- Foreign language skills
- Prior experience with Google Applications
- Salesforce knowledge a plus and/or other order management systems
- Previous experience with Workforce Management Software and Telephony Tool
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 days of paid time off, choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top