- Chicago, IL
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Grubhub is seeking an Employment Attorney with litigation experience in our Chicago office. In this role you will assist with litigation oversight and also handle employment matters in-house. Also, as part of our legal team you will also assist with transactional work and other counseling. The ideal candidate is a business-minded employment attorney who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks under tight deadlines. This person is also a creative problem-solver, a self-starter with a great attitude and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions.
- Oversight of a variety of litigation and claims, including labor and employment disputes
- Advising management and Human Resources on day-to-day employee relations matters including recruiting, hiring, employee discipline, performance management, terminations and restructurings
- Monitoring labor, employment and benefits law developments and recommending changes to Company policies to management
- Providing training to management and Human Resources on employment law topics and other employment law compliance activities
- Managing responses to any government charges (such as DOL, EEOC, etc.) and related investigations
- Managing labor relations matters and coordinating with Human Resources and outside counsel
- Tackling some transactional work (including assisting with marketing and technology transactions)
You Should Have
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- 3-7 years’ experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department with experience in state employment laws and Federal laws
- Working experience with applicable state and federal employment laws;bonus points for experience with classification
- Member in good standing of the Illinois state bar
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability and desire to work autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top