Corporate IT, Systems Engineer II
- Boston, MA
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Our Systems Engineer will be a part of the Corporate IT Engineering team and will drive innovation with systems and automation throughout our technical infrastructure, applications, and processes.
We are a team of smart, motivated engineers that place a high value on craftsmanship and the security and scalability of our infrastructure. As we grow and continue to support our growing organization, we’re looking for a talented engineer to help us improve processes, drive automation and take our systems to the next level of technology.
The Systems Engineer, Corporate IT, is a key position in our success of delivering an amazing technology experience to our Grubhub population. This role is based in Boston, and reports to the Sr Manager of Engineering & Automation. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who has experience in networking and system administration. This team is responsible for maintaining our current systems\infrastructure of our existing multi-site topology, and involved in our expansion to new locations and cloud providers. Delivering excellent customer service and technology solutions for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, recommend and implement secure system and network infrastructure in a multi-site topology
- Build and maintain hyper-converged/virtualization infrastructure and systems for corporate business needs
- Perform day-to-day administrative activities to maintain employee systems: telephony, desktop applications, cloud applications and network access
- Identify and implement automation opportunities
- Participate in the design and maintenance of the network LAN/WAN infrastructure and monitoring performance
- Participate in the design and support of the wireless network in a variety of environments
- Maintain AD environment in our network and connectivity to all corporate locations
- Implement and maintain SD-WAN technologies to connect with other corporate locations and cloud providers
- Stays current on emerging technology, and be able to provide recommendations for future technology investments.
- Interact with employees to understand the way they perform work, and seek creative ways to improve our workflows with technology
- Work with members of the team in other physical locations to ensure that projects and priorities are aligned, coordinated and prioritized
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field experience
- 3+ years implementing and maintaining physical and virtual infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with security and authentication protocols (SAML, LDAP)
- 2+ years of Okta administration
- 3+ years building and maintaining Active Directory
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows 10, macOS, Windows Server 2012-2019 (including core installations) in an Enterprise environment
- Experience with various Linux distributions (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience with any of the major cloud providers Azure, AWS, GCP
- Experience leveraging Active Directory for user and group management
- Ability to create PowerShell or Python scripts to drive automation
- Virtualization concepts, and storage technologies that often support it (VMware, AHV, vMotion, NetApp and Dell EMC)
- Knowledge of Network protocols and routing and troubleshooting utilizing various capture and analysis tools
- Knowledge of SD-WAN technologies and theories
- Knowledge of wireless technologies, spectrum analysis, encryption, and authentication
- Track record of sound judgment, problem-solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization, from peers to management and executives
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top