About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
This copywriting role is vital to our growing creative team and Grubhub’s growth as a brand. The ideal candidate is a digital and social native, well-versed in consumer marketing who has experience writing copy for ecommerce. We’re looking for a gifted storyteller and all-around team player who is comfortable developing campaign-level concepts and activating them flawlessly across channels.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Write effective, engaging, hunger-inducing copy for OOH, video, social, email, digital ads, apps, blogs, websites and beyond
- Partner with art directors of all levels to develop strong concepts and produce excellent work
- Work with Chief Marketing Officer, Creative Director and Associate Creative Director to push Grubhub’s brand voice forward
- Embrace daily challenges and be resourceful in solving problems
- Collaborate with individuals across the marketing group to meet strategic goals and advocate for strong creative work
- Evaluate directors’ reels and photographers’ books to aid in selection
- Provide clear, thoughtful direction to photographers, designers, directors, editors and freelancers
- Present creative work with confidence, clarity and sound rationale
- Proofread copy to identify and fix errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Manage working time and stay organized to handle multiple assignments and meet all deadlines
- Explore new writing styles like blog editorial, B2B marketing and more
- Be a cool, fun, real human being who works hard and has a good time doing it
- Love food and show an insatiable curiosity to learn more about it
You Should Have
- BA in Advertising, Liberal Arts or Marketing (4 year) degree is required. Concentration in creative writing or English is preferred.
- 4–6 years copywriting experience at an agency or similar creative environment
- Experience copywriting for ecommerce
- Must be comfortable using a Mac
- Must be comfortable using Gmail, Google Docs and other Google programs
- Familiarity with Adobe CC a plus
- Must love food, seriously
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top