About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Grubhub is looking to bring on a dynamic, creative, and social savvy community manager to handle the frontline communication with our diners across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other channels. The ideal candidate is obsessed with the social media, understands how great brands stand out in the space, and can create engaging on-brand conversations quickly and efficiently. We are seeking a candidate with an authentic love of food - from trends and fads to hot restaurants around the country - and a passion talking about it. This person always knows what’s trending and keeps a finger on the pulse.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Responsible for posting and scheduling all content across social media channels
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and responding on Grubhub and Seamless social accounts; including real-time response management, agile content creation, and crisis management
- Escalate comments and content to appropriate stakeholders across the organization
- Execute the brand voice and tone effortlessly across channels for both brands
- Utilize listening and analytics tools to generate reports, compile metrics and synthesize data into actionable insights
- Ideate with the social media team around various editorial needs including real-time content, daily conversation topics, and campaigns
- Liaise with the Customer Care team to ensure our diners are assisted across channels and problems are solved in a timely manner
- Identify and engage with brand ambassadors, loyal diners, and influencers
- Stay abreast of trends and innovations and share with the social media and marketing teams
You Should Have
- 1 - 2 years experience running or moderating social media accounts as a community manager or similar (including college/ intern-level experience)
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for the social media space
- Experience working with numbers and data points and preparing reports to share with team members at various levels and with differing knowledge of the material presented
- Experience working with the following: Tweetdeck, HootSuite, Sprout Social or other listening/ analytics tools
- Ability to juggle several tasks and many screens at once
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Fierce pride in your work
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top