Associate Product Designer
About The Opportunity
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Advocate for our delivery drivers in all design decisions while collaborating with the product, engineering, and design teams
- Turn everything from nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features
- Be a part of designing holistic features, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful
- Engage with senior members of the design team to constantly push the quality of our products
- Shares and articulates design decisions and seeks feedback early and often with the design and cross-functional team
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the design and research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
You Should Have
- At least 2 years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Uses the design process to contextualize their work and the type of feedback they need in a given moment
- Applied experience working across all manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- A passion for partnering with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver a better, more user-centered product
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
- Excellent communication skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
Submissions without a portfolio that includes examples of your design work will not be considered.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top