Analyst, Clickstream Analytics
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
You are a Clickstream mobile and web analytics rock star eager to join our growing Data Analytics Team, which is responsible for helping drive actionable insight across the organization. You love big data and will support company growth by taking ownership of data assets and data collection methodologies. Your work enables the organization to distill opportunities and themes from data, and to design programs to test theories and new product concepts. You’re a curious, highly motivated, quantitative-minded thinker who enjoys learning, educating an organization at the crossroads of mobile, local, social and commerce.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, data scientists, data engineers, and our senior leadership team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create and manage implementation of analytics tracking requirements to measure feature and/or overall product performance.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Finance, and Marketing teams to identify new areas of concentration and feature enhancements for tracking and analysis. Design methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency, and data retention architecture.
- Work closely with Development teams to translate requirements for technical leads, and to drive technical workflows for both implementation and testing.
- Ensure consistency of data collection between data collection methodologies, and foster a data retention architecture in conjunction with data engineers.
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, marketers, and analysts to integrate front end analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Identify and analyze trends and shifts in customer behavior, both independently and in collaboration with product managers, marketers, and data analytics resources across both browser and native mobile apps.
- Support creation of reporting materials for the Board of Directors and senior leadership.
You Should Have
- 4+ years of relevant site analytics experience (eCommerce preferred).
- A deep understanding and experience with Clickstream tag creation, log collection, data retention architecture, and data analysis.
- Fantastic database experience dealing with very large data sets, and good comfort writing complex SQL.
- Experience architecting data collection solutions.
- Comfort with A/B Testing methodologies, crafting targeted custom variables, segmentation, and reports.
- Experience in Tagging Strategies and Optimization.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Adobe and/or another site analytics tool from a site tagging and data collection perspective.
- A love for challenges and problem solving to be addressed via strategic thinking.
- A highly analytical mind with a demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The ability to work with little supervision while managing multiple priorities; quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment. A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Comfort drawing insights from analysis and building support for your perspective, having a keen eye to simplify complex, large data sets into easily digestible visualizations.
- The ability to be a quick learner who thrives under ambiguity.
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills.
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness.
Got These? Even Better:
- Well-versed in building site analytics dashboards and reporting collateral for various constituents within the organization.
- Familiarity with Tableau to provide insight into complex data sets.
- Comfortable manipulating large data sets and presenting complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Fluent in Attribution Analysis to examine Search and Display characteristics as they relate to marketing campaigns.
- An Excel aficionado; proficient in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and public speaking.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top