About The Opportunity
Welcome!Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The GrubHub Insights team is a well balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative researchers who are passionate about understanding people’s needs, behaviors and attitudes. We’re looking for a subject matter expert on advertising research with experience running both qualitative and quantitative evaluations. This person will use their strong background in creative, copy, and ad testing to help us build our advertising research practice at Grubhub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative ad testing for Grubhub’s brand campaigns, including developing timelines, writing discussion guides and questionnaires, executing fieldwork, and moderating using best practices for advertising evaluations.
- Assist the brand team with writing clear and compelling creative briefs to our agency partners and in-house creative teams to generate effective TV and out-of-home creative.
- Execute foundational research into customer attitudes and needs that will help inform future marketing campaigns.
- Develop actionable insights that will move Grubhub’s brand campaigns forward; articulate and present those findings to stakeholders at different levels, including marketing and senior leadership.
- Build and maintain foundational knowledge of Grubhub’s Diners, as well as our marketing best practices.
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project and generate rich, actionable insight.
- Potentially facilitate workshops among multidisciplinary teams (such as brand and creative teams) to inspire and encourage creative thinking.
- Assist with other projects across the organization, including research among Grubhub’s diners, restaurants, drivers, and corporate clients; may also involve working with enterprise restaurant partners.
You Should Have
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience running advertising and marketing research using both qualitative and quantitative methods. You may have worked in market research, consulting, consumer insights, or some other related field.
- Must be a strong moderator using a variety of methods, including focus groups, 1:1 interviews, ethnography, diary studies, online forums, etc.
- Influential communicator comfortable presenting and tailoring research insights to audiences at various levels including senior executives.
- Self starter who is comfortable managing projects with minimal oversight.
- Strong capacity for creativity; ability to brainstorm to come up with creative solutions to business and research problems.
- Comfort with working with quant data, including internal quant researchers and syndicated databases.
- Healthy balance between strategic thinking and scrupulous attention to detail.
- Ability to travel based on the needs of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a field such as anthropology, psychology, marketing, advertising, social science, or a related field.
- Agency experience preferred, but not required. E-commerce or technology experience a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top