Service Supervisor @ Sterling Oaks
- Atlanta, GA
TITLE: Service Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Site Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
Coordinates all phases of maintenance of the property including, but not limited to: the upkeep of the entire property, preventative maintenance programs, inventory levels, work-order system, grounds, budgeting control, key control and staff supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and maintains all HVAC systems, furnishes plumbing upkeep inside and outside the buildings, ensures that roofs and gutters are in good condition, maintains all recreational facilities.
- Supervises both the maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property; trains and is responsible for work performed by all subordinate staff members.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make ready apartments in a timely manner; oversees the inspection of make ready apartments; and supervises and assists in painting, cleaning and preparing apartments for occupancy.
- Organizes and maintains proper inventory levels on all essential supplies, keeps all tools and equipment in good working condition.
- Ensures all maintenance requests are handled quickly, notifies Property Manager if parts must be ordered.
- Is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the pool and pool area to include proper chemical levels as required by local municipalities or other governing bodies, maintenance of pool equipment and furnishings.
- Is responsible for the safety of the maintenance team and the execution of a safety program. Insures that accidents and the potential for accidents is minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and trains team on safety procedures, and the use of personal protective devices.
- Assists Property Manager in preparing schedules and assigning maintenance personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, shares 24-hour emergency call duties with other maintenance staff, including weekends and holidays.
- Schedules and implements preventative maintenance programs.
- Coordinates with Property Manager to hire maintenance technicians, housekeepers, grounds technicians, and painters to maintain a competent maintenance crew.
- Adheres to all GPI maintenance and purchasing directives, works within the established budget and reports to the Property Manager any possible variations.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, ensures that good public relations are maintained between residents and the maintenance staff.
- Assures that a written explanation of work performed in each unit is left for resident.
- Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, and company loyalty are upheld by the maintenance personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least five years’ experience in this field.
- CPO certification required.
- Interest and enthusiasm for the job.
- Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Strong knowledge of heat pump, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and carpentry.
- Good organizational and mechanical skills.
- Ability to maintain an inventory system.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Certified Pool Operator license and Freon certification.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Works in office setting, in residential buildings, and outdoors.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks, climbs stairs or ladders, bends, stoops, reaches, uses equipment with hands, pulls, and lifts up to 50 lb.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
Back to top