Senior Editor, Special Projects
Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
We’re seeking a whip-smart, creative, and driven senior editor to join our editorial team. You’ll brainstorm big ideas (one-of-a-kind stories, multimedia packages, social videos, interactive tools) for our brand partners and then help bring them to life by collaborating with our stellar team of editors, designers, video producers, and digital marketing pros. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with just about every major consumer health and wellness brand in a way that’s not only innovative but also brand first and all about building trust. Through that, you'll be instrumental in our efforts to bring Greatist's awesome content and important message to many more millions of people.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Pitch and brainstorm creative concepts for brand partners that help bring their message to the Greatist audience without compromising our voice and integrity.
- Write, edit, and produce articles, multimedia features, newsletters, content packages, and promotional copy across multiple categories, including (but not limited to) mental, physical, and sexual health; fitness; food and nutrition; relationships; body positivity; and beauty.
- Project-manage tentpole programs and branded content campaigns from ideation to execution by collaborating across departments, brainstorming photo/visual elements, creating and tracking deadlines, editing and building within the CMS, and communicating with the brand partnerships team.
- Work closely with the edit and digital marketing teams to identify stories, topics, and approaches that resonate most with Greatist’s readers—and help communicate those learnings to brand partners.
- Work closely with the video team to develop video concepts for brand partners and larger editorial initiatives.
- An excellent idea generator and storyteller who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has 5-7 years experience working for a highly trafficked website.
- Experience crafting ideas and content in collaboration with brand partners.
- Strong sense of what makes readers love, trust, and share content.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience overseeing large projects and communicating across departments.
- A flexible, cool-headed problem solver and good decision maker.
- Keen sense of what makes Greatist different from other media outlets.
- A kick-ass, positive attitude and the ability to not take yourself too seriously.
- Experience with content management systems, Photoshop, HTML, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices.
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Meet Some of Greatist's Employees
Digital Marketing Associate
Romena’s job is to ensure that Greatist’s content is seen by as many eyes as possible, all over the web. She also manages Greatist’s strategic partnerships with other brands.
Back to top