Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
Our unique culture is one of the most important aspects of what makes Greatist awesome. Our employees are number one and making sure everyone is motivated, happy, stress-free, and engaged is the most important! The Office Manager will own day-to-day operations, making sure that everything office related s running smoothly and efficiently. By joining the People Operations Team, you’ll play an integral role in scaling the office processes and culture.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Serve as the main point of contact for all internal and external office related questions.
- Act as Executive Assistant to our CEO, helping to manage his calendar, book travel, etc.
- Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office.
- Manage all weekly kitchen and office supply orders.
- Liaison between our office related vendors and Greatist.
- Manage all office maintenance with our super and landlord and make sure requests are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Manage our fun calendar and help plan company events such as happy hours, test kitchen, team workouts, etc.
- Assist the People Ops Team by helping to resolve any IT related issues.
- Assist our Talent Manager with scheduling interviews.
- 1-3 years office management, receptionist, or executive assistant experience
- Stays calm in stressful situations.
- Creative and always thinking outside the box.
- Anticipates our office needs as we scale and is proactive in addressing them.
- Be highly ambitious, self-directed, motivated, curious, and always looking for more responsibility.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and naturally helpful and resourceful.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and organized, a natural at noticing the “little things"
- Strong oral & written communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be dependable.
- Truly care about people’s well being.
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Back to top