Greatist is on a big mission to change the way people think about health. It’s an exciting time at our company as each addition both shapes the future impact we intend to have and the way we work to get there. Today, we are a small, scrappy, and growing team of doers and makers working to help everyone live with a healthy attitude. And we’re looking for people that will add to our culture, join us on this mission, and be the best at what they do!
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
This is a great opportunity to show off your Drupal skills and put the Drupal best practices back into our Drupal experience. We are a passionate team of engineers who are poised to do some really interesting things. The long term goal is to build a highly available and fault tolerant architecture that will allow Drupal to excel at what it does best, build forms for content entry. We’re also looking to build out an API for both content syndication as well as the site rendering. We’ve got big plans to do exciting things. Right now, our biggest goal is to create a seamless experience for all of our different users so we need someone who can come in to help make this happen. We’re looking for someone who knows how to fix things, but won't lose sight of the big picture. A person that has an eye for implementing standards but isn’t afraid to innovate within those standards and also has an eye for what's next in technology and thinking about how we can bring new technology into the work we do.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Ensuring that our current Drupal implementation adheres to the Drupal standards and best practices.
- Fixing some custom module and theme implementations.
- Building out some sales and editorial tools to help with content creation and syndication.
- Help make our API to make it as robust as possible for use in feeds as well as site generation.
- 5+ years proven experience with Drupal and PHP, including Drupal 7
- 3+ years with web service integration and development
- 2+ years designing and delivering web project solutions, driving exploration and evaluation of technical solutions
- Experience with GIT Branch Workflow, pull requests, code review process
- Experience with custom Drupal theme creation
- Experience with sass, responsive design, cross-browser and cross-device compatibility
- Experience with custom module development
- Experience with 3rd party API integration
- Experience with AWS including ELB, Route 53, S3, CF, EC2
- Working knowledge of CAPE / using API for content delivery
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with agile software development approaches including Scrum
- Experience with web analytics platforms (Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Comscore)
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Back to top