Associate Product Manager
Greatist is on a big mission to change the way people think about health. It’s an exciting time at our company as each addition both shapes the future impact we intend to have and the way we work to get there. Today, we are a small, scrappy, and growing team of doers and makers working to help everyone live with a healthy attitude. And we’re looking for people that will add to our culture, join us on this mission, and be the best at what they do!
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
You’ll be joining a small (overall) team and an even smaller product team (just one person). The small team presents a huge opportunity. You’ll get hands-on and shepherd projects through the entire product lifecycle. You are someone with an insatiable curiosity who will dig into everything (our ad implementation, our CMS, our analytics) and truly understand how it all works and is intermingled.
Your gut provides great qualitative guidance but you’ll always find comfort in the quantitative warmth of data and analytics using Google Analytics and Excel. You’re not necessarily a technologist, but you fully understand the opportunities and limitations provided by the commonly used technologies. And regardless of your tech, design, and/or formal product background, you’ll need to rock at empathizing with different departments and mediate their often conflicting needs to a unified roadmap that drives towards common goals.
You’re very balanced. You listen to understand the needs of the users and make recommendations, but also know that your idea is just an idea. You are able to balance the long-term with being able to focus on the now. You know when to be serious, but also when to have a fun.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Perform research (what do our internal and external users need?)
- Identify new opportunities for brand growth and process improvements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across departments on existing opportunities.
- Translating user needs into technical requirements.
- Communicate complex project to dev and determine how to build.
- Create requirements documentation and project plan.
- QA features to ensure they work as expected. Product is the last line of defense to ensure broken features don’t go out so it’s really important to be detail oriented and meticulous.
- Analyze results, repeat!
- 1-3 years professional experience working on digital products.
- You care. You have a passion for what you do and genuinely want to be part of growing our brand.
- A meticulous and thoroughness (borderline obsessiveness) is required.
- Ability to synthesize research, audience insights, stakeholder feedback, and tech recommendations in actionable product development plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical sensibilities and understanding of current web best practices.
- Proficient with multi-tasking and ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Self-starter, organized, & resourceful. You aren’t the type of person who has to be asked to do something twice.
- Familiarity with Drupal, Sail Thru, Dynamic Yield
- Experience working directly with product management, engineering & design/UX teams in an Agile framework.
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Back to top