Associate Editor, News & Trending
Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
We’re seeking a whip-smart, driven, and detail-oriented associate editor to join our editorial team. You’ll deep dive into the internet to uncover informative and entertaining stories that readers should know about, edit copy at a fast and efficient pace, and help shape our news and trending channel into a trusted source for health and wellness content that cuts through—and calls out—the BS.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Pitch, write, and edit multiple posts per day on trending topics, including (but not limited to) mental, physical, and sexual health; fitness; nutrition; social psychology; and body positivity.
- Assist the lead trending editor by helping coordinate and produce a steady flow of stories written both in-house and by freelancers.
- Follow posts through from ideation to execution (including CMS building, photo research, SEO, and tagging).
- Work closely with the edit and digital marketing teams to identify stories, topics, and approaches that resonate most with Greatist’s readers—and thoughtfully adjust our coverage accordingly.
- Intellectually curious and a true passion for staying on top of the latest health, fitness, and nutrition research, trends, and influencers.
- An excellent editor who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has 1-3 years experience working for a highly trafficked website.
- An internet scavenger with a near-exhaustive list of sources to pull story ideas from.
- Ability to synthesize study findings and present them in an approachable, comprehensible (and sometimes humorous) way.
- Keen sense of what makes Greatist different from other media outlets.
- Experience with content management systems, Photoshop, HTML, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices.
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. We’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet two years in a row, and we were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Back to top