Software Engineer, Big Data Engineer, Hadoop/AWS
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R5184 Software Engineer, (Big Data Engineer, Hadoop/AWS) (Open Date: 10/04/2016)
Job Posting Title:
- Software Engineer, (Big Data Engineer, Hadoop/AWS)
At Citrix/ GetGo, Mobility Apps, we build beautifully simple and easy-to-use Cloud-based, cross-platform Web, Mobile and Desktop software products. You probably know us by such industry-defining brand names as GoToMeeting®, GoToWebinar®, Grasshopper®, as well as other award winning products and services. Citrix ‘Software-As-a-Service’ (SaaS) applications enable customers around the world to enjoy highly productive, mobile workstyles.
Currently, we are hiring a
Sr. Software Engineer, (Big Data Engineer, Hadoop/AWS)
to join our ‘Data Engineering and Analytics’ team. This highly visible position is based onsite at our Silicon Valley campus location,
(Mountain View, CA
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with innovative, data-minded peers who are passionate about delivering top quality products and creating amazing user experiences. Join our team as we build a new data platform that leverages leading-edge Big Data technologies. We are a critical team within a company that is continuously recognized for its world class SaaS products!
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will play a significant role in designing, developing and supporting our Big Data management systems. In addition, you will work closely with our SaaS data analytics community to leverage disparate data pipelines to deliver critical business insights, (inc. Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Teams, Business Executives, etc.).
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for architecting, designing and developing major components of our stream and batch processing platform
- Build and maintain ETL to process events or data load from RDBMS production systems
- Design, build and support data pipelines for data transformation, conversion, validation
- Build basic visualization reports for analytics.
- Implement changes to the ETL to ensure consistent and accurate data flows
- Play a critical role in all aspects of the full development lifecycle using a wide range of Big Data technologies and tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with developing Data Warehouse Solutions in AWS Redshift, Teradata, Vertica etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Python, Java etc.
- Some experience developing solutions in RDBMS systems like Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
- Experience working with visualization tools like Tableau, Business Objects etc.
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB/PB scale).
- Experience with test driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Must have passion for working with data and learning new domain
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
JOB KEYWORDS: Big Data, AWS, Hadoop, Data Warehouse, ETL, Infrastructure, Architect, Analytics, Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, SaaS, Cloud, Agile/Scrum
*LI-DB2, Mountain View, CA
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Back to top