Senior Software Engineer - Video Coding
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R5183 Senior Software Engineer – Video Coding (Evergreen) (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Software Engineer – Video Coding
The European development center, located in Dresden and Karlsruhe, plays an important role in the global R&D organization and the Real-time Communication Group based in Dresden is constantly growing.
We all share our enthusiasm for innovative technologies and solutions and the belief, that respect and collaboration between employees, customers and competitors constitute the foundation of our success.
Our office in Dresden is located right in the city center, just a short walking distance to the river promenade and the historic old town with its landmarks Semperoper, Zwinger, Castle and Frauenkirche.
For our development team in Dresden (Germany) we are currently looking for a
Senior Software Engineer – Video Coding (f/m)
For the development of our video streaming solutions.
- As part of our Video Processing Team you are fascinated about digital media and video coding. You enjoy exciting challenges and work scientifically on cutting-edge technologies.
- You analyze problems, write software requirements and design specifications, implement and evaluate software for processing, coding and distribution of video and screen sharing content under real-time constraints.
- You deliver value for our global distributed communication platform which is used by several million users per day.
- You employ your professional experience and scientific work style to all phases of the software engineering process.
- You are a subject matter expert, act as a technical lead for junior team members and lead development projects.
- As part of our global development team you are in close contact with our colleagues in Santa Barbara, Jersey City, Copenhagen and Karlsruhe.
- Masters degree, preferable PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience
- Expert in design and optimizing video codecs and hands-on experience in at least one of these standards: H.264, HEVC, VP8/9
- Experience in real-time signal processing, coding and streaming of live-media would be a plus
- Knowledge of C++ and object oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- Knowledge in software development methodologies, software design patterns and agile methods and SCRUM would be a plus
Furthermore, you are an authentic team player with strong communication and social skills with an independent, highly structured, solution-oriented working-style.
- A challenging job and superior development perspectives in a fast growing, innovative company with room for your own initiative
- Above-average benefits and incentives
- A working climate based on mutual trust and co-operation
- A modern workplace and flexible working time
Are you interested?
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send us your application via our application management system.
It takes less than 3 minutes!
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is leading the transition to software-defining the workplace, uniting virtualization, mobility management, networking and SaaS solutions to enable new ways for businesses and people to work better. With annual revenue of over $3 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 400,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally.
Citrix’s GoTo business
On July 26, 2016 LogMeIn, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOGM) and Citrix Systems announced that the companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement for LogMeIn to combine with Citrix’s GoTo business in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction. (https://www.citrix.com/news/announcements/jul-2016/rmt.html)
The combined company is expected to have annual revenues in excess of $1 billion with more than two million customers in virtually every country around the globe. The combination brings together proven innovators with a shared belief in simplifying the way people connect to customers, colleagues and the world around them. The GoTo family of products delivers collaborative communication solutions for small and medium sized businesses and has strong global brand recognition through leading products including GoToAssist, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC, GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, Grasshopper and OpenVoice. https://www.citrix.com/products/collaboration.html
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
Requisition Number: R5183
See Inside the Office of Grasshopper
Founded by two entrepreneurs in 2003, Grasshopper is dedicated to making it easier to start and grow small businesses. Grasshopper set out to empower entrepreneurs with a product that enables businesses to sound more professional and stay connected. Grasshopper also offers resources and guides to help small business owners succeed. To date, Grasshopper has served over 250,000 customers—and the company continues to grow.
Back to top