(Senior) DevOps Engineer - Linux
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R5336 (Senior) DevOps Engineer – Linux (Open)
Job Posting Title:
(Senior) DevOps Engineer – Linux
You will be part of a highly motivated DevOps team that is responsible for the delivery and operations of one of our key product lines. We build and manage a highly available, large scale infrastructure and hybrid cloud services that power our entire portfolio of the GoToAssist products. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a team that is passionate about agile principles, innovation and creating a DevOps culture to deliver amazing customer experiences.
In this position you will
- Ensure the operation and availability of our SaaS applications of the GoToAssist product line in a secure and scalable manner
- Work with physical hosts and the related infrastructure in our data centers and with Amazon Webservice based hosting
- Troubleshoot issues related to application operations and infrastructure and dive deep into network protocol details or the software stack as needed
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems and contribute to their IT architecture and design
- Drive automation and productivity efforts to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Collaborate closely with diverse internationally distributed teams and be part of local cross-functional project teams
- Work on continuous improvement of our systems, tools and processes and help driving our DevOps culture
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in computer science or an engineering discipline and related work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems administration, network protocols and tools and several years of hands on experience at enterprise level
- Advanced skills in bash scripting and at least one other scripting/programming language
- Experience with applications running in the public cloud (Amazon Web Services preferred) and with container mechanisms (like Docker)
- Knowledge of automation and configuration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible,…)
- Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment using agile software development principles
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Fluent German and English language skills
- A challenging job and superior development perspectives in a fast growing, innovative company with room for your own initiative
- Mentoring by our experienced subject-matter experts
- Above-average benefits and incentives
- A working climate based on mutual trust and co-operation
- A modern workplace and flexible working time
Call to Action
We believe in a world where people can experience work and life their own way. Working with Citrix GetGo means being part of a world-class organization. We believe the customer comes first and our job is helping to change the world we all work in. Bring your career to Citrix and let your talent take you virtually anywhere!
Are you interested?
If so please apply by uploading your resume to our user friendly online application system. It will take less than 3 minutes.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is leading the transition to software-defining the workplace, uniting virtualization, mobility management, networking and SaaS solutions to enable new ways for businesses and people to work better. With annual revenue of over $3 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 400,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally.
Citrix’s GoTo business
On July 26, 2016 LogMeIn, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOGM) and Citrix Systems announced that the companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement for LogMeIn to combine with Citrix’s GoTo business in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction. https://www.citrix.com/news/announcements/jul-2016/rmt.html
The combined company is expected to have annual revenues in excess of $1 billion with more than two million customers in virtually every country around the globe. The combination brings together proven innovators with a shared belief in simplifying the way people connect to customers, colleagues and the world around them. The GoTo family of products delivers collaborative communication solutions for small and medium sized businesses and has strong global brand recognition through leading products including GoToAssist, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC, GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, Grasshopper and OpenVoice. https://www.citrix.com/products/collaboration.html
You’ll be working in a beautiful, modern, and collaborative environment in our brand new office in the Kreativpark area of Karlsruhe, Germany. Adjustable sit/stand desks, bean-bag chairs, and whiteboard tables will enable you to be productive in comfort, while working with a team or individually. Amenities such as foosball, gaming systems, shuffleboard, and darts give us lots of opportunities to have fun together. And of course, there’s lots of free coffee, soft drinks, and snacks that you can enjoy in our kitchen or on the gorgeous rooftop terrace.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Requisition Number: R5336
See Inside the Office of Grasshopper
Founded by two entrepreneurs in 2003, Grasshopper is dedicated to making it easier to start and grow small businesses. Grasshopper set out to empower entrepreneurs with a product that enables businesses to sound more professional and stay connected. Grasshopper also offers resources and guides to help small business owners succeed. To date, Grasshopper has served over 250,000 customers—and the company continues to grow.
Back to top