Our team’s impact on the business:
The Care Platform engineering team business area builds and operates the apps and tools which power the Care Platform to our members. Our audience is in-house staff including clinicians, care coordinators, and other health care specialists, and our external network of expert providers, and we provide them with tools like workflow, case management, and member insights, and help facilitate expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans.
As a member of the Care Optimization team, you'll be working with a diverse group of people to find ways to improve the workflows and tools of Included Health's many clinicians. You'll have the opportunity to learn new skills, fill a variety of engineering roles, and share your expertise with the rest of our the team as we work to analyze, brainstorm, plan and execute on our mission.
Included Health’s clinicians are the heart of our organization. We're here to help keep that heart beating strong!
Examples of work recently undertaken by our team:
This year we responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by rapidly expanding into Telemedicine (see https://grandrounds.com/employers/telemedicine/) to be able to provide even more services to our members around the country. To support this, our team added capabilities like EHR integration and video calls to our platform. As our membership has scaled in number and complexity, we’ve added features like real time chat and scheduled appointments to add flexibility to the ways we deliver care.
Why we need you:
- Work with other members of the Care Optimization team to design, build, and improve internal tools and systems
- Integrate with a variety of internal and third-party data sources, such as Salesforce Health Cloud, NewRelic, server logs
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering colleagues to identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Exercise your critical thinking and problem solving skills to help us find novel solutions to challenging, complex problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or 6 or more years software engineering experience
- An eagerness to learn new languages, techniques, and systems
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to mentor and instruct others
- The ability to communicate with and present technical information to non-technical audiences
- The ability to lead and own substantial, long-term projects with many moving parts
Specific technical skills of value for our team include:
- Python programming experience
- SQL or similar database querying language experience
- Data-science-oriented libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn or tensorflow
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.