Sr. iOS Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Our Product Engineering team collaborates closely with Product Management and Design to scale and strengthen the Web and iOS and experiences for all of our audiences. Our powerful healthcare navigation app includes personalized Provider matching, 24/7 Telemedicine+, Expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans, and medical claims advocacy.
We are seeking an iOS Engineer to join our growing Product Engineering team to build the iOS experience in a fast, accessible, and intuitive way. You will play a key role in the implementation and launch of the iOS application. You will closely partner with our Product and Design teams on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing of the native mobile applications.
You are excited about breaking ground on a brand new code base, being on a growing high performance team, collaborating on the standard of quality for mobile development, strategizing how we deliver impact for the business, and executing on the vision of world-class mobile applications.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Gain an understanding of our infrastructure, architecture, and deployment workflows
- Come up to speed on business impact, product vision, and technology expectations for delivering world-class mobile applications
- Become a member of an Agile team, working closely with Product and Design to deliver on foundational functionality for the mobile application
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Participate in Engineering Demo Days where engineers highlight progress made in the last iteration
- Take part in peer code reviews and code pairing
- Deliver core features for our members' mobile experiences
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Become a valued resource on our team by helping other engineers troubleshoot problems, pair through code sessions, and wow your peers with creative approaches to complex problems
- Actively participate in the hiring of a motivated, talented group of mobile engineers
- Contribute to longer term strategy of creating frictionless and performant mobile experiences for our growing member base
- Build, test, and deploy user experiences in our iOS application
- Measure and optimize the performance of the iOS application at scale
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers on planning and implementing frictionless user experiences
- Work with the team to continue development of best practices
- Be self motivated with the ability to make smart decisions and ask questions when necessary
- Bachelors or Masters in EE or CS, or relevant experience
- 3+ years of professional Android development
- Experience building complex native IOS applications
- Command of the Swift and Objective-C languages
- Exceptional technical communication skills
- Experience integrating and leveraging external services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, and authentication
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
- Thorough understanding of RESTful API and application design
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top