Senior/Staff Data Scientist
- Flexible / Remote
This role is expected to operate at the level of Senior II or Staff Data Scientist. The Grand Rounds Health Data Science team work on problems that are core to the company’s mission. Major challenges include developing systems and models to identify the highest quality doctors in the country as well as methodologies to uncover the subtle differences between each physician’s clinical expertise. Additionally, patient-level modeling allows us to understand the specific healthcare needs of every individual person. With a high fidelity understanding of both patients and physicians, we are able to route patients to both the most appropriate and the highest quality care.
In addition to developing the company’s core technologies, data scientists provide decision support analysis for many teams across the organization including product development, sales, marketing, and strategy. Data scale ranges from small data sets that fit on a single laptop to large multi-terabyte clinical information in distributed database systems.
Example projects include:
- Driving Clinical Outcomes and Savings. You will play a key role in optimizing the quality of care delivered to Grand Rounds Health’s members and customers and minimizing the total cost of that care. You will develop new machine learning models using our modeling platform to understand how care is delivered to patients, and help patients discover the providers that will deliver the best care for them. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing measurement strategies for estimating the impact of these models and communicating that impact to internal stakeholders.
- Modeling of Member Journey. As Grand Rounds Health has expanded its product offerings to members, the Data Science team has access to a wealth of data about how people use these products. Modeling work in this area ranges from identifying members that are most in need of specific services to predicting expected value of interactions with a member to customizing services to a member’s unique needs. In this role you will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing and clinical teams to drive product direction and provide better care for members.
- Enhance Care Team Efficiency. Over the last few months Grand Rounds Health has experienced an increase in demand from members looking for support to navigate their healthcare needs in an uncertain environment. Data Science can be an important partner in helping the Care Team provide the best experience to members. Structured data from Care Team interactions can route members to the right services, provide continuity throughout the care plan, and increase member satisfaction. Measurement across interactions can help to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements, inform product innovations, and help Grand Rounds Health respond dynamically to changing needs. This role provides the opportunity to join an early stage research effort and be instrumental in setting the direction of future initiatives.
- Develop creative solutions to diverse problems including engineering challenges, unstructured data messes, ontology development, and machine learning applications
- Lead and develop major projects from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging, roll-out to Product & Engineering, testing, and iteration
- Operate at level of sophistication in statistics, machine learning, or computer science that is publication-worthy
- Regularly monitor pull requests, perform code reviews, and produce excellent peer reviews on projects prior to shipping to Product & Engineering
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and tools prior to wider adoption by the team
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, product managers, and engineers
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- BS with 8+ years or MS with 6+ years or PhD with 3+ years of experience. Degree(s) should be in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, quantitative social science
- Experience leading cross-functional, complex and ambiguous projects
- Expertise in production quality Python
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as the Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, Spark, Presto, etc
- Experience with machine learning and computational statistics packages (i.e. sci-kit learn, nltk, statsmodels, networkx, gephi, arules, glmnet, bigrf, caret, igraph, MLLib, GraphX, MADlib, Weka, etc)
- Frequent user of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Bonus Points for: experience with web application frameworks (Flask) and end-to-end model deployment
- Double Bonus Points: previous work on medical applications and/or with claims data
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top