Senior Software Engineer - Data Modeling
- Flexible / Remote
Why Data @ GRH?
Grand Rounds Health’s Data Engineering team builds data as a product. As a member of the team, you’ll collaborate with every area of the business to fuel insight, grow the business, and unlock insights. You’ll make our data simple for users by building robust data pipelines, modeling domains and data, and implementing data best practices. The data products that you ship will improve patient outcomes, deliver savings to employers, and change how healthcare is delivered.
The Data Modeling team is the subteam of Data Engineering that focuses on simplifying our data to impact the company’s most important business problems. Examples of what we’re working on right now: optimizing our Care team’s service quality, measuring the results of our products and features, and forecasting performance. We leverage Spark, Scala, Java, and Airflow to produce simple data that is powerful and easy to use.
You’re a great fit for the team if:
- You’ve seen the results of underinvestment in data, and want to work at a successful company willing to make investments in data so that it can be even more successful
- You’re a software engineer that enjoys working in and on a data platform with strong analysis skills
- You’re discontent with “good enough” and need to get to the bottom of bad smelling data, working with subject matter experts and digging in to get to truth
What You Will Do:
- Deliver simple domain-specific datasets to our care-team analysts covering areas of interest such as “how effectively do we answer calls from our patients” and “what is the quality of care that we deliver to our members”, to ease the cognitive burden on users of our data
- Build data infrastructure for ETL and implement data science models on the growing number of datasets we have for patients, employers, doctors, treatments, and outcomes
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Lead development of various projects and capabilities of the platform
- Automate new data pipelines, validate data, and test your code
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
- You have 7+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with open-source big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop), data warehouses (BigQuery, RedShift) and Databases (MySQL, Redis)
- You show strong experience using TDD in a production environment
- You have proficiency with cluster management and parallel processing
- You have experience with SQL, relational databases and ETL techniques
- Experience with data modeling and metadata management
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top