Senior Engineering Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Join the team reinventing Healthcare!
Are you ready to lead the team who will create THE category-defining app for healthcare? We’re looking for a senior engineering manager with a passion for frontend and mobile engineering to lead our rapidly growing Core Experience Engineering Team. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned engineering leader with strong product acumen, proven ability to deliver team impact, and determination to make healthcare data-driven, member-centric, and personalized at scale.
The Core Experience Engineering Team is responsible for building the technology that shapes every aspect of the digital (mobile and front end applications) member experience, from sign up through lifetime engagement. Current projects include developing conversational AI and our first chatbot, as well as developing new features to grow total usage across our app.
Who We Are:
We are a tight-knit group with diverse backgrounds, deeply committed to our mission and our members. We strive to be humble, hungry, and people- and problem-smart. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
Who You Are:
You have managed engineers of various skill levels in a growth company and apply your technical and people skills to remove roadblocks and coach others to overcome challenges. You instill quality, scalability, and reliability into engineering products by developing and improving software development processes. You have a deep understanding of your team’s people and practices and apply that knowledge to guide planning and execution. You are a strong cross-functional collaborator who helps develop high-impact, company-level solutions.
- Hire, retain and grow amazing engineering talent for Grand Rounds.
- Build a high-performing, user-centric engineering team that consistently delivers high-impact work that meets our members’ and customers’ needs.
- Contribute to product strategy and partner with other engineering teams, data science, product and others to create solutions to address evolving customer needs.
- Set the technical vision and lead technical decisions for your team to ensure the team writes simple, clean, and efficient code to create intuitive, beautiful products.
- Shape and manage team goals to support timely, effective execution.
- Bring clarity when faced with ambiguity; motivate and guide the team through complex problem solving.
- Dive into the details as needed, reviewing team members’ code and providing coaching and feedback to ensure the highest quality.
- A proven leader who has led teams to build consumer-facing products from start to finish.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business and member needs into a technical vision and product development roadmap.
- Technical depth and breadth of experience to help team members understand and overcome technical challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Experience building data systems that securely and quickly acquire, process and manage data.
- Experience collaborating closely with product, design, customer success and other business functions to creatively solve customer needs.
- Reputation as a valued thought partner and dependable leader across the organization.
- Deep critical reasoning skills and strong business judgement to make sound decisions and provide clear rationale.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Sense of urgency; desire to move quickly and ship things.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an organizational and people leader.
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top