Head of Informatics (Remote)
- Flexible / Remote
The goal of Grand Rounds is to get patients to the best possible healthcare outcomes. We believe that higher quality care leads to better outcomes which in turn leads to lower overall healthcare cost. To demystify and remove the complexity from healthcare, we need to identify the patients who need us and why. We need to understand what is the better path they could be on. We need to understand how we can engage with them and what services we should be providing them.
To do this, we need a data set that is the envy of everyone working in healthcare. We need a data set that is rich in patient information, provider information, is longitudinal, and can be manipulated in many different ways. But there is more, we need to build an understanding of how the data maps to each other and how the concepts are related. We need to help our teams understand, leverage and further enrich the gold data.
We are looking for a person who can find the gold standard in the medical lexicon. This person is part clinical data expert, part sociologist, part ontologist. You will be the person responsible for producing a premier healthcare data set in the world along with its ontology. You will ensure that we’re pulling the right information out of our data sets, that we are doing it cleanly, repeatedly and accurately, and that consumers of the data understand how to use it.
- Build out Grand Rounds’ clinical data model.
- Evangelize the use of both clinical and non-clinical data across the organization to create more powerful insights and drive scale.
- Be the owner for our library of data assets. When a person wants to know where to find data or how a metric is calculated, they turn to you.
- Define and own the data quality lifecycle for all data assets. Create business rules for monitoring data quality at different stages in the pipeline, alerting stakeholders of incidents, and create a feedback loop to fix the data at the source.
- Work with internal data source owners and partners to ensure that we obtain and represent data at the right service levels to support various lines of businesses.
- Work closely with other product managers, data scientists, software engineers, and others to help improve their products and output through data.
- Work with engineering and data science to define our data models and how we store data. Ensure that the data models we use facilitate future enrichment and interoperability with other systems.
- Ensure that data is stored in the most secure way and is compliant with various standards including HIPAA and HITRUST.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project(s) that provide interoperability of data across distributed systems, preferably using industry standards.
- A passion for improving the way people receive health care by improving access and information availability.
- Detail oriented and an expertise for prioritizing what is important while not sacrificing quality or long term objectives.
- Good knowledge of data modeling, skill with SQL and maybe experience with other programming languages.
- Ability to work with multiple business owners and balance the requirements/desires of different functional groups.
- 5+ years of relevant clinical/ biomedical informatics, product management, data engineering or data architecture experience.
Preferred Candidates have:
- Familiarity with different types of datastore models like column-oriented or NoSQL.
- A good understanding of normalized and denormalized data schemas and practices.
- Knowledge of data warehousing solutions and database architecture.
- Have a working knowledge of healthcare industry formats (834/835/837HL7/FHIR) used when exchanging data and healthcare code sets (ICD10, HCPCS/CPT, DRG).
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top