Housekeeping Manager The Roxy Hotel
The Roxy Hotel is looking for a Housekeeping Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that all guest rooms and surroundings are clean and in good repair. He/she will be responsible for operating the Housekeeping department within the established budget.
REPORTS TO: Director of Rooms
SUPERVISES: Room Attendants
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure a challenging environment by giving team members the authority and responsibility to resolve customer and team member needs and expecting each team member to own the problem.
• Foster an atmosphere of mutual respect by encouraging positive team member relations by talking positively in all cases about the hotel, the organization, management and team members.
• Practice the Open Door Policy.
• Provide a picture perfect work environment that encourages fun and enthusiasm.
• Conduct monthly one-on-one meetings (15-30 Min. each) with each team member.
• Conduct monthly departmental meetings including agenda provided by team members.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings to discuss important work issues for the upcoming work shift.
• Greet all team members at the beginning of each shift and thank them for a job well done before they leave.
• Provide on-going coaching to ensure success.
• Articulate goals and share information.
• Encourage ideas, initiative and risk-taking.
• Reinforce good work and good attempts.
• Value, trust and respect each individual.
• Motivate team members to achieve tasks.
• Resolve Human Resources related problems effectively in a timely basis.
• Reprimand objectively and fairly.
• Projects leadership.
• Train to proper standards.
• Select the best available personnel.
• Instruct and train all housekeeping positions.
• Keep record of personnel and purchases.
• Purchase equipment and supplies.
• Make out work schedules and work assignments.
• Control use of keys, materials, uniforms and equipment.
• Control inventories and linen distribution.
• Empowered to make decisions on behalf of the hotel to satisfy the guest.
• Expect to personally resolve problems or concerns brought to your attention by a guest or fellow team member.
• Responsible for maintaining a picture perfect environment, including front of house, back of house and outside areas.
• Attend weekly department head meetings and other scheduled meetings.
Education: Trade School and/or College degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years as a Housekeeping Supervisor or Manager of a property with at least 100 rooms.
Skills: Fluency in the English language, clear verbal communication skills,
computer skills, familiar with Computerized Lodging System, Kronos and Microsoft Word & Excel.
Meet Some of GrandLife Hotels's Employees
Front Desk Agent
No matter what’s happening at the hotel on any given day, Brendt always stays on top of operations so he can react as efficiently and as professionally as possible.
Back to top