Assistant to the General Manager
The Soho Grand Hotel is looking for an Assistant to the General Manager who will be responsible for maintaining the organization of the Executive Office, assisting with the General Manager's calendar and needs, identifying and creating content opportunities for GrandLife Hotels, developing social media content, elevating image standard, maintaining the contact database, assisting with press inquiries and GrandLife Hotels event execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours: 9AM -- 7PM, can fluctuate pending activities
• Office set-up, pack down, mail and meeting coordination
• Liaise with other all other hotel departments, draft written correspondence. Make and confirm hotel reservations and send amenities. Arrange internal meetings as required. Contribute to GrandLife Hotel and PR projects. Work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients. Oversee calendar and meeting arrangements. Assist with special projects and other general office tasks as needed. Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive business information. Perform other administrative duties and support as assigned, communicate effectively and efficiently.
Event Calendar & Listings
• Update NYC events and local happenings with the General Manager's approval
• Update GrandLife promotional events and DJ calendar – include latest flyer, check event information, regularly update flyer and information for existing weekly events
• Review the calendar and check against the Promotional calendar to ensure no errors
• Search for clippings
• Search for new publications, blogs and online media to collaborate with
• Manage press gallery
• Manage press photo shoot enquiries
• Assist with shoot and stay enquiries – filtering and passing along
• Assist with NYFW suggestions for content and contributors to GLH
• Assist with monitoring magazine barter
• Manage press log from all press stays – upcoming placements
• Manage media stays, ensure VIPs notes are current
Advanced computer skills in word processing, spread sheet, as well as SailThru, Wordpress, Creative Suite: InDesign and Photoshop, and all social media platforms. Excellent communication, time management and organization skills. Strong organizational skills; ability to multi- task; detail-oriented; excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills; organized and able to prioritize to meet strict deadlines. Self-motivating and self-starting.
Personable, well spoken, organized, diplomatic, and sincere. Willingness to emulate GrandLife brand through presentation and style. Refined style with an interest in music, fashion, art, dining & nightlife particularly pertaining to downtown New York. Must be willing to take ownership of role and follow all projects through to completion.
Education: College degree preferred
Requirements: 2-3 years experience in Admin/Hospitality
Back to top