Graham Technologies is hiring a Technical Writer to work out of our Corporate Headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD. We are looking for candidates to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success for our company and our customers.
- Plan and prepare the technical data and documents for deliverables.
- Support in the development of key proposal planning documents.
- Assist the Proposal Manager and Proposal Lead with writing section drafts.
- Edit and format technical documents, standard operating procedures, and policies.
- Analyze requirements, create source material, consult engineering and technical staff, and work with editors, illustrators, and other team members to prepare documentation.
- Provide guidance and direction in the areas of quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Ensure adherence to specifications and participate in the clients review of technical documents
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills
- 3+ years of proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, or English
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity and experience with the Shipley process is a plus.
- Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher as well as SalesForce, Adobe, Dropbox).
We'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Graham Technologies's Employees
Project Manager & Web Developer
Nancy and her team of five work directly with clients in order to educate companies on Graham Technologies’ software and to resolve any issues that arise after implementation.
Back to top