Graham Technologies is hiring a System Administrator in Washington DC. We are looking for a candidate who is responsible for helping design, develop, and operate state-of-the-art applications and Cloud-based platforms that enhance the DevOps and data analytics capabilities of a US national agency.
- Maintain responsibility for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of systems running on one or more operating systems and maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Serve as a front line interface to users with technical issues and make recommendations for hardware and software purchases. Interact with third-party technology vendors and internal database staff.
- Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, including installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications, and training users.
- Administer Linux-based systems, KVM virtual infrastructures, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs).
- Write Puppet or Ansible scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of platform services and infrastructure
What we're looking for
To land this position you must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance and some working knowledge of the below skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or similar degree. Fours year of IT experience can be used in lieu of bachelors degree.
- Minimum five years of experience
- Experience writing scripts
- Demonstrated experience with Linux based systems
- Demonstrated experience with AWS
- Demonstrated experience with KVM virtual infrastructure
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
What you can expect from us
We'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Graham Technologies's Employees
Senior Solutions Architect
Rodney oversees a product’s development from end to end, working on design, conducting tests, implementing programs, and assisting with maintenance for the life of a client relationship.
Back to top