Sr. Test Engineer
Graham Technologies has an opening for an Sr.Test Engineer or our client in Quantico, VA. We are looking for a Sr. Test Engineer to work with a a verification and validation (V&V) team of software testers.
- Working with the CODIS Software Development Team for system functionality, logic, and clarification.
- Conduct Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- The position will be responsible for learning and testing a complex, multi-tiered, software application.
- Attempt to reproduce defects reported by end users
- Work experience beyond basic test procedure/script execution is essential; ability to implement likely end-user interactions and system testing examinations/experimentation based upon program functionality and expected functionality.
- Conduct peer review of software test scripts
- Develop innovative processes, procedures, and techniques to challenge the functionality of the software.
- Ensure that the developed software is fully functional and ready for end-user interface and operations
- Serve as the task lead to liaison with the COR and the Tester PM
- Works with Development Team to understand requirements and report possible conflicts and resolutions.
- Identifies system anomalies and diagnoses possible causes.
- Review and provide feedback on contract (operations, maintenance, and development) document deliverables.
What we're looking for
To land this position you must have an active TopSecret Clearance with working knowledge of the below skills:
- Seven (7) years of experience as a software test engineer on complex multi-tiered software such as CODIS to include the following
- Bachelors degree in IT
- Creation of formal software test procedures/scripts
- Development of test data to be used in formal software test procedures/scripts
- Work experience on a project designated as Agile
- Manual execution of formal software test scripts
- Documentation of testing results
- Identification and reporting of software bugs
- Government Acceptance Testing (GAT)
- Work experience using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Work experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Work experience using Microsoft Access.
- Work experience with VMware or similar software application.
- Experience with systems engineering as it relates to set up and maintenance of testing environment
- Must display ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; specifically, be able to convey complex coding and system interface challenges in plain English and in a way that a non-testing expert can understand.
- Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player with all CODIS staff and current and future CODIS contactors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop test plans and procedures and develop innovative ways to test software and end-user interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience supporting testing scenarios of system functionality.
- 25% travel a year
- Software tester automated testing
What you can expect from us
We'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Graham Technologies's Employees
Project Manager & Web Developer
Nancy and her team of five work directly with clients in order to educate companies on Graham Technologies’ software and to resolve any issues that arise after implementation.
Back to top