Senior Software Developer (Systems Software)
- Chantilly, VA
Graham Technologies (GTech) is looking for a Senior Software Developer (Systems Software) for our customer in Chantilly, VA to join our fast-growing team of over 70 members!
Graham Technologies is passionate about innovation and we want your help! We believe in each team member having a voice and sharing it to enable both individual and team success. The customer is looking for a Software Developer to work on cutting edge cloud technology. We are looking for someone who is looking for a new challenge and wants to tackle new technology. In this role you will Develop, test, implement, and maintain complex applications and/or databases. Positions also draft technical program documentation, such as end-user operational instructions.
We're excited about candidates who:
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- Demonstrated experience writing Java 8+
- Demonstrated experience with writing RESTful web services and creating rest end points
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Boot Technology, Spring Framework and/or Hibernate.
- Demonstrated experience using Hadoop: using cloud services to build Hadoop implementation and/or writing map reduce jobs
- Demonstrated experience writing java code using HBASE API and/or functional knowledge of HBASE
- Demonstrated experience with SOLR and/or other search technologies (elastic search)
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer
- Core hours requirement of 9 am to 3pm, no flex schedules, 5 days a week.
We're also excited about candidates who might have experience with the following:
- AWS Developer Certification
- Cloudera Certified HBase Specialist
- Demonstrated Experience with IntelliJ
- Demonstrated ability utilizing Apache Spark in the HADOOP ecosystem to process data
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience performing Linux administration as necessary for server-side development tasks (i.e. build, configure, shell scripting)
- Demonstrated experience with GraphQL in the Sponsor environment
At GTech, we believe in treating every person the way we want to be treated - fairly . Our compensation package ensures everyone at GTech is given equal pay for equal work - regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or even negotiation skills!
Most IT companies can probably offer many of the same services, but what sets us apart from the others, is truly our people ! We care about our employees and show it often with sincere appreciation and acknowledgement of not only final work products, but the little steps taken along the way! In addition, our generous benefits package helps support our team members to live well and prosper. Here are just a few highlights:
Four Week's Accrued PTO First Year
Ten Paid Federal Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
401(k) Plan with Annual Employer Contributions
Reimbursements for Continued Education and Training
Why Graham Technologies?
Our Core Values say it all!
- Value our Customers
- Care about our Employees
- Passionate about Innovation
- Believe in Strong Work Ethic
- Rely on Teamwork
- Integrity Matters
Founded in 2007, GTech is a consulting-services firm that is zealous about providing the best solutions to address our client needs and maximize the value of their investments. One of the ways we do this, is by providing exceptional employees for our clients - whose range of expertise expands the entire IT industry! We've cultivated a family of individuals where integrity, commitment, and reliability, are etched into the heart of our delivery teams.
In addition, we are equally zealous about caring for our employees - the lifeblood of our business ! We've purposefully created a culture that is friendly, family-oriented, and all-inclusive. Our team members are encouraged to "have a life", both in and out of the office, through flexible schedules (where available), continuing education, and support to pursue their passions!
Back to top