Intelligence Watch Officer
Graham Technologies has an opening for an Intelligence Watch Officer in Washington DC. We are looking for an Intelligence Watch Officer to provide intelligence monitoring and warning functions along with national security communications and administrative support our customers senior leadership. In addition, the IOC serves as point-of-contact for other Washington area Intelligence and Operations Centers.
- Support 24x7 IOC activities, as deemed appropriate by the Government
- Provide current intelligence information to IN leadership via notification reports, situation reports, and preparation of read books and National Security Council (NSC) books.
- Brief IN senior officials and, as authorized, our customers principals on current intelligence issues and late breaking developments.
- Receive, transmit, control, and distribute critical documents for senior leadership
- Operate intelligence and national security information systems; serve as the Department's link with the U.S. Intelligence Community for time-sensitive activities.
- Provide support assistance to senior customers officials during international travel.
- Develop processes for and carry out procedures related to maintenance of Intelligence Operations Center equipment or documentation, e.g. maintenance of Intelligence Operations Center emergency deployment kits or updating of Departmental emergency phone lists.
- Support special projects and additional tasks in response to emergent needs.
- Conduct research and analysis of complex operational issues and distribute information from intelligence, operations, and open sources.
- Ensure that briefings, read-books, papers, responses to questions, coordination of articles, desk-notes, information papers, and slides are delivered in a timely, accurate and focused way . Print, distribute and review read books, ensuring a high standard of accuracy and proper writing style.
- Provide Document Control management by ensuring all documents entering or exiting the IOC are controlled through proper logging, digitizing and storing.
- Approve and enforce policies and practices regarding documents, including their organization and disposal. Maintain a document storage plan, which includes the short and long-term housing of physical records and digital information. Execute retention policy on the disposal of documents which are no longer required for operational reasons.
- Perform other administrative and operational tasks which may be directed in order to ensure efficient operation of the IOC.
- Perform various duties of the Executive Secretariat during non-business hours, as required.
What we're looking for
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills and active DOE Q and SCI or DOD TS/SCI.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field required . Master's degree in a business related field desired. 8 years of relevant experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of experience required with 1 year of prior intelligence watch.
- Excellent program management, business, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of oral and written communication skills, conflict resolution techniques, and ability to effectively brief various IC officials and senior officials on a daily basis
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: All source information including HUMINT, SIGINT, IMINT, Open Source, and ELINT.
- Familiarity with the functions, policy, and responsibility of the DOE-IN.
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community. Expert specialized knowledge of the capabilities and operations of the US Intelligence Community. Ability to state intelligence requirements, research intelligence databases, interact with intelligence agencies to obtain intelligence products or services. Has a broad background and comprehensive experience in intelligence techniques and operations and the ability to apply this knowledge to problems related to incoming intelligence and national security information. Experience coordinating with various U.S. Government agencies relating to intelligence, foreign policy, and or law enforcement issues.
- Skill in intelligence research, analysis, and production. The incumbent has a thorough understanding of principles and techniques employed in intelligence collection, processing, production, and dissemination, as well as the analytical techniques used to develop finished intelligence reports assessments. Ability to research, assemble, write, and edit quality control intelligence reports, assessments, and briefing books for senior level personnel at a high standard of quality.
- Familiarity with the operation of intelligence and national security communications systems. The incumbent must have knowledge of a wide range of telecommunications concepts, principles, and practices to accomplish work processes using voice, data and telecommunications devices. The incumbent must have comprehensive knowledge of Telecommunications and Information Systems, Local Area Networks, Secure Internet networks, Intelligence Community networks, DODIIS AMHS JWICS messaging systems, Facsimile systems, Secure Telephone systems Reproduction equipment (copiers, scanners, VCR, DVD-R's) and Video Teleconferencing equipment (SVTS, JWICS, net meeting).
- Ability to execute emergency procedures and support senior leadership during crisis situations. The incumbent must have a comprehensive knowledge of IN and DOE continuity of operations planning and emergency response procedures.
- Demonstrated high-level of expertise in the use of business processes and Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Access).
- Ability to work shift-differentials between the hours of 7 PM to 6 PM, and off-normal hours.
What you can expect from us
We'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Graham Technologies's Employees
Project Manager & Web Developer
Nancy and her team of five work directly with clients in order to educate companies on Graham Technologies’ software and to resolve any issues that arise after implementation.
Back to top