Graham Technologies has an opening for an AV Engineer for our client in Crystal City, VA. We are looking for experienced AV Engineer to provide design/build capabilities to support, design and implement multiple extensive hardware, cabling and software AV/VTC configuration suites.
- This work will consist of programming and engineering Support. The engineer shall perform planning, requirements analysis
- The work will also consist of AV engineering and support services. The engineers shall provide engineering technical support, installation, configuration, test, and checkout of the equipment and systems as it pertains to AV.
- Engineering review of current drawing packages, make requisite changes required to meet requirements and room configurations.
- Prepare pre-installation, test and checkout documents of all new IT equipment components and sub-components
- Cataloging and archiving software media included with IT equipment
- Engineering oversite and Installation of IT equipment components and subcomponents in locations specified in the IDP or as otherwise directed by the Government
- Following the Standard Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Correcting/Mitigating vulnerabilities detected during security scanning
- Installing operating systems and basic device configurations
- Developing, applying, and documenting device configurations
- Development of training and transition plans
- Analyzing new and changed system requirements, system designs, and refining technical solutions to ensure continuity between IT infrastructure design and installation.
- The work will also consist of integration support services. The integration shall consist of connecting and establishing communications and meeting system operational requirements for Control system components, including, but not limited to, video and audio equipment, plasma and/or LCD monitors, sound systems and automated controllers. The contractor shall:
- Configure equipment to provide integrated system.
- Provide programming support for audiovisual system controllers.
- Identify any materials incidental to the integration task not provided.
- Complete system tests in accordance with established test plan to ensure total operation and functional compatibly with interfacing/interacting systems, subsystems, equipment and computer programs.
- Troubleshoot and advise corrective action for maintenance and operational issues.
- Ensure all tasks, activities, requests, and issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Instructs non-technical users in the operation of the VTC user control panel and all other end user VTC equipment. This includes senior Staff and VIP personnel.
- Keep government oversight informed of status changes and information pertaining to the VOC, its customers and supported systems.
- Provides recommendations to management on improved equipment and personnel function and reliability.
What we're looking for
To land this position you must have an active Secret Clearance with working knowledge of the below skills:
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university preferred, (4) years of experience can be used in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five (5) years supporting VTC infrastructure to include evaluating, designing, testing, documenting, installing, implementing, performing problem isolation and resolution, monitoring, tuning and maintaining a wide range of Audio/Video (A/V) and VTC components and systems.
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot video wall processors
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot direct view LED walls
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot RF and Digital video grids
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot IPTV systems from headend source content to decoder set top boxes
- Must be able to life 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable climbing a ladder and working at 25ft or more
- Possess excellent problem solving skills to troubleshoot complex A/V problems.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience supporting Auditorium A/V components.
- Experience supporting digital signage systems
- Certified AMX programmer
- Certified Crestron programmer
What you can expect from us
We'll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Graham Technologies's Employees
Senior Solutions Architect
Rodney oversees a product’s development from end to end, working on design, conducting tests, implementing programs, and assisting with maintenance for the life of a client relationship.
Back to top