Who we are:
Grabango is the leading provider of checkout-free shopper technology for existing stores. Founded by Will Glaser (former founder & CTO of Pandora Media), the Grabango team has developed the only enterprise class solution for large store chains in the market today.
Grabango has raised over $75 million in funding since 2017, with $39 million in Series B announced in June 2021. The round was led by Commerce Ventures with participation from Founders Fund, Unilever Ventures, Honeywell Ventures, Rich Products Ventures, and WIND Ventures. Grabango has signed five retail partners, each over $1 billion in revenue, including a global top-10 grocer and a Fortune-25 multinational. Several multi-store deployments are underway. The company has filed 40 patents, and the earliest ones that predate most prior art in the category have already been awarded.
We’re a growing group of curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of progress opens the door to tremendous breakthroughs.
Grabango’s Director of Computer Vision will be responsible for a variety of things including driving computer vision strategies, managing a world class AI team and partnering cross functionally across the organization.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
What you'll be doing:
- Defining the computer vision teams' strategy to align with company goals
- Driving continuous improvement of things like product identification (classification), tracking (activity/action recognition), and much more
- Scaling the product into new customers
- Managing a diverse team from junior to senior level engineers
- Partner with various leaders in the company to successfully deliver on projects on time
What you should have:
- 8-10+ years of industry experience in the field of computer vision, machine learning and neural networks
- 3+ years managing computer vision teams
- Experience leading teams that have taken R&D code into production
- Experience with scaling production code
- Strong project and people management skills
- Strong cross functional communication skills
- Deep domain knowledge of computer vision, machine learning and neural networks
Educations & Certifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with an emphasis on computer vision, machine learning, neural networks
- MS or PhD preferred
Integrity: Do the right thing, particularly when you don’t have to.
Bold Innovation: Think recklessly, but temper your actions with pragmatism.
People Matter: Hire the best, and treasure them.
Don’t Live with Broken: Have the courage to admit mistakes, and the urgency to correct them.
Customer Focus: Deliver beyond expectations, both internally and externally.
Inclusion: Foster an environment that welcomes all.
Simplify: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Grabango is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a workplace where diversity and inclusion are an essential part of who we are. We strive to hire and support a workforce as diverse as our shopper base, so we can develop products and services that best suit our customers. We do not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status and we comply with all local, state and federal employment laws.
Grabango participates in the E-Verify Program, an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It allows employers to confirm an individual’s employment eligibility to work in the United States.