- Manage the warehouse operation to achieve optimal brewery performance within safety and budgetary guidelines.
- Manage daily operations of the shipping and receiving area.
- Maximize productivity of the warehouse and delivery personnel.
- Maintain a safe, efficient and clean working environment.
- Operates as the front line contact for customers and some vendors.
- Manage Personnel in the Shipping and Receiving department
- Ensure all loads are picked and loaded safely, efficiently and in full.
- Ensure all loads are received safely, efficiently and put away in their proper place
- Ensure all paperwork is compliant
- Ensure the Shipping and Receiving department is within GMP and Safety standards
- 3-5 years' experience managing / supervising warehouse personnel
- Formal logistics training or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills both-verbal and written, motivation.
- Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others
- Proficiency of Microsoft platform systems
- Warehouse management software experience preferred
See Inside the Office of Goose Island Brewery
Striving to bring craft beer to the Midwestern masses, Goose Island opened its first brewpub in Chicago in 1988. It was a great success, and since then, Goose Island has expanded to include a large brewery, a bottling plant, and a second brewpub that work together to brew over 50 unique craft beers and distribute them to beer lovers across the country.
Back to top