- Ensure production continuity through effective scheduling and management of raw material inventories and liquid.
- Perform daily transactional receiving for packaging raw materials and beer processing within the computer based business operating system.
- Manage the applicable training, safety and production records for the department.
- Perform regular beer inventory and cycle counts.
- Troubleshoot variances and make corrections with the operating system (OBEER) as required.
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager with month-end reporting, analysis and forecasting.
- Liaise with external contacts (payroll, business service center, suppliers, etc.).
- Manage tankering schedule for liquid to and from brewery.
- Accountable to maintain planned liquid volumes.
- Manage barrel aged brewing and production schedules.
- Aggregate true production demand from multiple sources including global receiving zones and national markets.
- Work to further implement OBEER into the day to day culture of the company.
- Maximize overall brewery volume throughput through collaboration with brewing team and optimization.
- Develop process for innovation schedule management in OBEER.
- Post-secondary education
- 3 years experience in an industrial workplace preferred
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally throughout the operation
- Excellent computer skills; experience with SAP/OBEER considered an asset
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
See Inside the Office of Goose Island Brewery
Striving to bring craft beer to the Midwestern masses, Goose Island opened its first brewpub in Chicago in 1988. It was a great success, and since then, Goose Island has expanded to include a large brewery, a bottling plant, and a second brewpub that work together to brew over 50 unique craft beers and distribute them to beer lovers across the country.
Back to top