Lab Tech Intern
Organization: GOOSE ISLAND BREWERY
Primary Location: United States
Job Type: Internship / Co-op
Posting Date: Oct 22, 2016
- All assigned lab tests are completed according to Quality Testing Schedule, out of specification products are held and affected departments are notified.
- High quality yeast propagations are delivered to Brewing on time.
- Poor quality pitching yeast with low viability, low cell concentration or microbial contaminants is identified and reported.
- Exceptions to quality standards have been accurately and promptly reported to brewers, bottlers and management.
- Development program has been established with manager and completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the sciences, such as biology, chemistry, microbiology or food technology.
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Previous brewery, food or industrial laboratory experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with aseptic techniques in a food plant is desirable.
- Statistical Process Control and programming skills are desirable.
- Building solid working relationships with other Quality Assurance team members and members of the operating departments is essential to the mission of Quality Assurance
- Ability to make decisions independently
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top