Lab Tech Intern
- All assigned lab tests are completed according to Quality Testing Schedule, out of specification products are held and affected departments are notified.
- High quality yeast propagations are delivered to Brewing on time.
- Poor quality pitching yeast with low viability, low cell concentration or microbial contaminants is identified and reported.
- Exceptions to quality standards have been accurately and promptly reported to brewers, bottlers and management.
- Development program has been established with manager and completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the sciences, such as biology, chemistry, microbiology or food technology.
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Previous brewery, food or industrial laboratory experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with aseptic techniques in a food plant is desirable.
- Statistical Process Control and programming skills are desirable.
- Building solid working relationships with other Quality Assurance team members and members of the operating departments is essential to the mission of Quality Assurance
- Ability to make decisions independently
See Inside the Office of Goose Island Brewery
Striving to bring craft beer to the Midwestern masses, Goose Island opened its first brewpub in Chicago in 1988. It was a great success, and since then, Goose Island has expanded to include a large brewery, a bottling plant, and a second brewpub that work together to brew over 50 unique craft beers and distribute them to beer lovers across the country.
Back to top