Goose Island: Sales Brewery Representative - New York City
- Maintain retail call frequency to include: detailed selling process, maintain inventory levels, building and restocking, booking displays, permanent point of sale placements, selling in additional shelf space, rotate product, filling shelves, planning promotion activities, and follow-up on delivery issues
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through, as necessary.
- Complete required paperwork/ computer tracking such as: Account Level objectives tracking, expense reports, tracking forms, surveys and work orders.
- Establish and monitor quality control standards (product freshness, finished product loss).
- Communicate with all departments as necessary to achieve these goals
- Review target account analysis and reports to ensure Goose Island brands are performing at top of class levels for all assigned accounts
- Make daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history, sales data tools, changes in climate, competitive activity and special promotional activities. Maintain all required information in mobility units.
- Ability to coordinate brand information, supply POS material and keep lines of communication open with state's wholesaler network in order to better sell through products
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in Sales or Promotions in beverage alcohol industry experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable time management and organizational skills
- Advanced degree
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone
- Beer/alcohol industry knowledge
See Inside the Office of Goose Island Brewery
Striving to bring craft beer to the Midwestern masses, Goose Island opened its first brewpub in Chicago in 1988. It was a great success, and since then, Goose Island has expanded to include a large brewery, a bottling plant, and a second brewpub that work together to brew over 50 unique craft beers and distribute them to beer lovers across the country.
Back to top