Coordinator, Event Activation
Organization: GOOSE ISLAND BREWERY
Primary Location: United States
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Oct 22, 2016
Primary Purpose of Position
- Develop, manage and execute Goose Island's "footprint" and brand stories at each experiential event during Migration Weeks and all national event activations.
- Lead the coordination, planning, communications and execution of Goose Island Migration Week events with ABI High End Region team, local wholesalers, Goose Island brewers / marketing support, Goose field sales team, and third party vendors.
- Manage communication for Migration Week program and national activation (Goose employees, wholesalers, A-B field personnel, agencies, Goose PR and communication team.
- Oversee successful execution and implementation of external activation agency agreements.
- Conduct post-event evaluation to determine best practices and effectiveness of spend.
- Guide the interaction and experience with consumers in multiple national markets. Serve as the face of Goose Island and point of contact while executing national events and leading national Brand Ambassadors.
Key Performance Indicators
- Oversees outside agency partners to insure all logistics are handled for Migration Week events per contract agreements. Coordinates event communication and planning with ABI HE Region & State Managers, local wholesalers, Goose sales team members, Goose marketing team members to insure all stakeholders are involved in the process. This includes conducting weekly conference calls for event planning.
- Events are planned and executed in accordance to overall brand and marketing goals, and recapped to National Event Manager. Events are executed in compliance to all legal guidelines as presented in the ABI Ad Code standards.
- Necessary beer assets and POCM has been approved and scheduled for delivery in accordance with brewery operations standards.
"Position follows event measurement tool to recap effectiveness against event brand messaging goals. Full recaps are submitted, reviewed, and discussed with National Events Coordinator.
- Takes 100% ownership for the coordination and execution of Goose events in their assigned territory. The FAC is the face of Goose at all assigned functions and events with retailers, consumers, wholesalers.
- Written consumer observations and metrics are taken at events for driving future event execution.
- Events are fully staffed and event personnel is properly trained and guided.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years or more of sales, retail, promotional, and management experience. Experience in the alcohol beverage industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ideal candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess strong leadership skills and work with a sense of urgency
- Candidate must be comfortable speaking to large groups and interacting comfortably with various audiences
- Ability to convey brand messages in an exciting and interactive manner, outgoing, organized, professional, with strong attention to detail, flexible and able to adapt well to challenging and ever-changing situations, high energy level and a “get it done” attitude
- This job requires a minimum of 2 weeks travel per month (March-November) to assigned US cities. Must have a valid driver’s license.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top