Sr. Billing Administrator
This position is responsible for coordinating billing requirements for various partners, secretaries, and their clients. Requirements entail billing processes, services, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely entry into the firm's billing system, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Invoice Preparation
- Order, prepare, and distribute pre-bills for assigned billing partners/accounts
- Transmit electronic billing ("eBilling"), assess electronic billing processes and procedures and implement system changes as necessary along with the Billing Manager
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate phase, task, and billing codes
- Prepare, produce, and finalize invoices for assigned accounts
- Assist with bill preparation for more sophisticated bills and/or on-demand requirements as available (both manual & electronic)
- This position will have direct contact with billing partners to resolve billing related issues
- Responsible for maintenance and follow-up on available unallocated funds
- Assist secretarial bill preparers with questions as needed
- Reprint posted invoices and provide copies as necessary
- Conduct secretarial training on advanced billing procedures
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist with billing overflow from other offices as needed
- Update billing addresses and payer information as needed
- Client/Attorney Requirements
- Coordinate special client billing requests with Billing Manager
- Coordinate approval and implementation of special rate arrangements with Senior members of the firm.
- Respond in a timely manner to Client Accounting emails and help line calls
- Assist with preparing client and/or attorney analyses as needed
- Address revised invoice balances as client issues are surfaced
- Responsible for client audit report preparation
- Maintain client/matter maintenance information
- Work collaboratively with collection coordinators on accounts receivable issues
- Interacts with Conflicts Department for new matter openings and record maintenance
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to adhere and apply billing department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong knowledge of excel preferred.
RequirementsEDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a professional services environment, law firm billing experience preferred.
- Experience with financial/billing software packages and Finance/Accounting organizational operations. "Aderant Expert" Billing System experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic billing transmission on a variety of eBilling platforms, eBillingHub experience a plus. #LI-EP1
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top