Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
As a leader of the Firm, the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, will work closely with the firm’s leadership teams, providing proactive finance business support to the firms Business Units and departments. Within this business partner role, the Senior Manager will be helping to develop a reporting and analysis framework to assist the firm’s leaders in understanding and managing the performance of their business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serving as a business advisor to firm leaders, the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will:
- Manage the firm’s budgeting and forecasting process, liaising with the firm’s leadership to develop annual revenue and expenditure budgets.
- Using data and our suite of analytical tools to proactively identify and present trends, issues, and areas of risk/concern for leadership providing insight along with plausible options for consideration, and where appropriate, recommended actions/next steps.
- Assist the Director of FP&A with the development of analytical reporting tools and processes analyzing data and reports to provide actionable information in support of the firm’s major practice groups, and practice areas.
- Develop and maintain financial models that will allow the firm’s leadership to fully understand the financial impact of strategic considerations over the short to medium term.
- Act as a finance business partner to business unit leaders and senior management providing them with proactive value-added support
- Assist with the planning and implementation of firm-wide strategic initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with; the ability to establish a rapport and effectively work with colleagues of all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and professionally manage internal client relationships with an emphasis on producing results in a client focused/service orientated manner.
- Superior presentation, written and verbal communication skills; the ability to interact diplomatically with partners, senior management, peers and professional staff; communicating with impact to effectively manage upward to influence decisions.
- Outstanding organizational skills and a demonstrated ability of maintaining and producing high quality work product with minimal oversight.
- Ability to take initiative, making constructive recommendations on how the department can deliver high levels of service.
- Ability to apply effective strategy to business considerations weighing firm/department goals with an eye toward the big picture and the firm-wide impact.
- Creatively and proactively aligns projects/teams and goals to firm and department goals. Works collaboratively with team members to accomplish goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, mentor/train team members and delegate work to achieve an efficient distribution.
- Ability to effectively manage intra-departmental and potentially firm-wide projects being budget conscientious.
- Technical spreadsheet (MS Excel) expertise and experience at both reporting from, and querying in, databases and analytical tools. Proficiency in the use of Powerpoint as well as the other MS Office suite with experience in preparing analyses utilizing charts/graphs and tables to present metrics. Experience in using the data visualization platform Tableau would be advantageous.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of related financial management experience (working alongside client facing business units: analyzing, reporting, forecasting and budgeting) preferably in a professional services organization.
Back to top