Research Operations Supervisor
The Research Operations Supervisor works to ensure that members of the firm have access to accurate and current research materials. Responsibilities include performing and supervising all aspects of serials management including renewals, check-in, electronic and print current awareness routing; coordinating acquisitions processes such as initiating new orders, distributing deskbooks and troubleshooting vendor issues such as subscription claiming, and reconciling invoice discrepancies.
- Responsible for performing/supervising the daily serials functions; this including check-in and new receipt processing, disseminating print and electronic subscription issues and maintaining accurate routing records.
- Responsible for performing/supervising acquisitions; this includes ordering new publications, troubleshooting vendor invoicing problems and processing new materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the core attorney deskbook master list and assuring that deskbooks are distributed efficiently across firm-wide practice areas; responsible for coordinating firm-wide office copy bulk orders to maximize available discounts.
- Responsible for integrity of records in the firm collection management system.
- Trains and supervises department co-op employees.
- Supervises contract loose-leaf filing services in the Firm's U.S. offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited library school.
Minimum 3-5 years progressively responsible technical services experience in a special or academic library.
Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library automation systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of cataloging standards such as RDA, USMARC, and LC classification and standard authority control procedures.
Ability to train and supervise research operations activities of co-op employees.
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Strong customer service orientation.
Ability to, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with Research Services and firm colleagues.
- Proficient using MS Office applications including, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn and develop proficiency using specific firm applications such as a DMS and finance and accounting tools.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top