The Research Analyst provides expert legal and business research for the firm’s attorneys and administrative departments; participates in the firm’s educational initiatives by providing training, orientation and consultative services and proactively monitors the legal industry and contributes ideas and solutions to further the goals of Research Services and the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Research Services Manager to deliver proactive and value-added research function to the firm.
- Provides expert legal and business research assistance to attorneys and administrative staff in a timely and effective manner, leveraging firm resources appropriately.
- Provides analysis and synthesis of results and presents findings in a manner promoting effective decision making where appropriate.
- Consults with attorneys on research strategy and resource selection to ensure research is accurate and conducted in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provides research coverage as assigned and follows established internal procedures for the handling of requests to ensure timely and efficient delivery of results.
- Develops, prepares and conducts training to promote effective and authoritative research.
- Conducts new hire orientation for administrative and legal staff.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Research Services intranet.
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation of online resources and makes recommendations for purchase or renewal.
- Prioritizes continuous learning by seeking professional development opportunities.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Other duties as assigned. #LI-JS1
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Familiarity with a wide variety of information sources, such as Westlaw, Lexis, Capital IQ, PitchBook, Intelligize InfoNgen, Thomson Innovation, and Saegis.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, with members of the team and Firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and WebEx.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited library school. Demonstrated, relevant professional research experience in a private law firm or academic law library, special library or research center can be substituted for the MLS.
- 5+ years’ experience providing research and reference in a private law firm, academic law library or special library or research center.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top