Public Relations Coordinator
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Public Relations Coordinator (“Coordinator”) actively supports Goodwin’s external communications strategy and media initiatives. Working closely with the Communications Manager and team, the Coordinator is involved in the planning and execution of impactful media campaigns in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Works with the Communications Manager to research media opportunities on topics that align with Goodwin’s core practice areas and industry strengths.
- Prepares initial draft s of press releases, external website news items and other communications materials.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop content, copy edit and coordinate publishing for the firm’s website and other digital platforms.
- Supports the processes of survey submissions and award nominations, including maintaining internal awards calendar and evaluating new surveys and award opportunities.
- Maintain editorial calendars for press engagement.
- Assist with establishment of metrics and feedback mechanisms to measure the success of communication strategies and tactics.
- Develop working knowledge of department systems and tools including SharePoint, SiteCore, Interaction, PhotoShop HootSuite, etc. to support required activities.
- Undertake other communications activities as required by business circumstances and requested by the Communications Manager.
1. 2+ years corporate communication or journalism experience, preferably in a legal or professional services environment.
2. Project management experience with multi-faceted written projects, and experience working with layers of approval in a matrixed organization.
3. A foundation in press relations; excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
4. High attention to detail.
5. Ability to work with a variety of people and projects under hard deadlines.
6. Ability to learn and utilize new and emerging technology.
7. Willingness to travel to other offices as required.
8. BA, BS or equivalent.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top