The San Francisco Office Administrator works closely with the CA Senior Office Administrator, Chief Administrative Officer, the Chair of the SF Office and other firm leaders to manage office operations and execute firm initiatives at the local office level. The Office Administrator is responsible for managing administrative support and all business functions related to office services, information technology, human resources, accounting, and facilities management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Overall management of the SF secretaries. Ensures that the SF secretaries are operating at a high level, at peak efficiency, and providing top client-service to our attorneys, leaders and clients. Responsible for achieving and/or maintaining firm mandated staffing ratios.
2. Overall responsibility for office services, including office and work station assignments, overflow and temporary coverage, conferencing and catering, event and meeting planning, reception services, copy/mail center, facilities management, beverage and food services and supplies, internal office moves and records management. Planning and/or coordination of office social events, as well as office participation in firmwide social events.
3. Coordinating with all firm administrative departments to assist with the development and implementation of firm-wide policies and procedures relating to Firm Administrative Operations, and, working with the departments to implement these policies.
4. Working with the firm’s Chief Information Officer and local IT staff to ensure high level of technology services including, but not limited to, hardware, software, applications support, WebEx and videoconferencing. Partnering with HR and appropriate Directors on recruitment, orientation, onboarding, performance management, staff professional development, employee mentoring and coaching.
5. Working with the CAO, Director of Facilities and Office Chair to
- Manage the physical space and the landlord/tenant relationship
- Assist as requested in lease negotiations, tenant build-out projects, contractor negotiations, space planning, and facility maintenance
- Manage the relationship with office services outsourcing vendor (Williams Lea) to insure excellent services are provided consistent with the firm’s national contract,
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies, and the purchasing, leasing, repairing and maintenance of furniture, equipment and fixtures,
- Administer office safety, business continuity and emergency programs, and,
- Provide ad hoc information to the office chair.
6. Working with the CAO and Finance Department Leaders to establish required annual budgets, select vendors, and manage costs to budget. Responsibility for maintenance of checkbook, checking account, credit card account, and petty cash, including regular account reconciliations.
- Working with Finance to ensure compliance with firm accounting, billing and timekeeping practices.
- Assisting in managing the cost accounting system and assuring compliance by timekeepers for input of time and release of client invoices per firm’s guidelines.
7. Setting a standard for citizenship and community involvement, including taking responsibility for understanding the firm’s philosophy and strategy and facilitating support for and cooperation with firm initiatives.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Ability to work in a professional and collegial manner with attorneys, paralegals and professional and administrative staff.
2. Ability to work independently and proactively.
3. Excellent judgment and business acumen; exhibits diplomacy and tact in all situations.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects; excellent project management skills
5. Able to navigate a highly matrixed organization
6. Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to learn and utilize additional programs.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in law firm management. ALA CLM certification preferred but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time, must be able to use a computer and accompanying office machines
- Travel: Occasional
- Environment: Office Environment
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top