Marketing & Business Development Manager, Technology
Reporting to the Director of Business Development this position requires an individual who is a self-starter, possesses a client focused mentality and is highly service-oriented.
Responsibilities include helping to shape the strategic positioning for the Technology Companies practice within the context of the Goodwin brand; supporting client relationship-building and business development initiatives primarily in the California market, and working with our Marketing and Communications teams to develop messaging and strategies for increasing brand visibility across all of our key markets.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager will work closely with the Director of Business Development to:
- Initiate and support client relationship building activities and other activities that will help the firm to institutionalize its client base and grow top line revenue.
o Work with the Business Development Director and firm-wide Marketing Director to develop an effective content marketing strategy.
o With the Business Development Director, work with partners to develop and implement business development plans and network expanding activities.
o Track and provide monthly updates detailing business development activities and successes (win/loss ratios, referrals, return on networking investments, upcoming activities).
- Oversee research and related competitive intelligence activities for key clients and prospects, working closely with our Marketing and Client Intelligence team to monitor the business development strategies and related activities of key competitors.
- Work with the Director on responses to RFPs/RFIs; including working with various Business Unit BD Directors and the Pricing and Project Management teams in developing alternative fee arrangement proposals and other value-adds.
- Assist in the full and complete integration of lateral associates and partners.
- Identify and prioritize key organizations and events in which the practice/partners will participate.
o Develop and manage budgets for California-based marketing memberships, sponsorships and hosted events.
o Negotiate contracts, speaking slots and other related benefits.
o Develop targeted invitee mailing lists. Report on RSVPs and who-knows-who.
o Attend events and assist attorneys with making connections at events; report on return on investment.
- Work with the Core Marketing and Communications teams on development of thought leadership campaigns.
- Work with the Core Marketing and Operations teams to ensure that practice descriptions, data sheets, web content and other marketing materials are compelling and up-to-date.
- Identify appropriate matter tracking activities for the practice and ensure appropriate details are captured in the firm’s experience management system for easy output to proposal materials.
- Identify and manage review and submission of data for all relevant league tables and deal listings for technology practices, as well as review and analysis of published results for practice leaders. Develop relevant client/prospect communications based on results and work with Communications group to identify league table rankings that merit external communications support.
- Work with the firm’s Communications team to create targeted, strategic submissions for practice-related and attorney rankings, surveys and awards, including Chambers, Legal 500, Am Law rankings, Best Lawyers and other industry-specific/geographic/attorney demographic awards programs.
- Work with the Communications team to develop and implement public relations strategies that further the group’s goal for positive media exposure and visibility.RequirementsRequirements
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of management level experience in a practice management, business development or marketing role, ideally in an AmLaw 100 firm. Additional experience working with technology practices preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collective and collaborative manner.
- Travel to other Goodwin Procter offices is required.
- Minimum BA, BS or degree equivalent
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top